Subject: Re: FM reception
From: David McIntyre (
Date: 2003-11-07

The best FM antenna is a dipole arranged horizontally. That is, 2 leads that go
parallel for a short distance, then out to each side perpendicular for about a
foot on each side. I don't know how this fits into the FMR's circuitry, but if
anyone has ideas, let me know. I can probably make a straight through headphone
adapter with protruding antenna. :)

Thu, Nov 06, 2003 at 08:47:38PM -0600, Glenn Ervin at home wrote:
> I wonder if you could use a headphone splitter jack from radio shack, and
> then take a piece of long wire on an eighth inch plug for the jack the
> headphones are not using, and make the long wire an antenna.
> Glenn.

David McIntyre
PGP Key fingerprint = CAB5 A73A 43FA 19E3 449D  20B8 25D7 FA84 8847 D6A7 for geek code, pgp key, etc.