Subject: Re: Preferred recorder battery
From: Martin Borus (
Date: 2003-11-07 schrieb am 07.11.03 05:39:29:

> What are your best preferred recording settings that give best battery
> life:performance ratio for the following situations:
> *Lectures/conversations
> *Videos/movie
> *concerts
> *ambient/environment noise
> *any others you can think of!

I usually have three different settings:

For documentation:
This is when I need to understand everything that is said in a recording,
but the audio quality is not important. I do these at
Quality 2, 22kHz, Mono (internal mike - external only when available)

For recording audio of radio (timeshifting, one time use)
Quality 5, 44kHz, Stereo (source line in)

For concerts or anything else I might want to do editing on
Quality 7, 44kHz, Stereo (always with an external microphone)

For battery life you have to decide your on your own!
A fully loaded battery records for several hours at highest
quality setting. It should cover even a very long concert.
If that is not enough for your uses, consider building an external
battery pack or using the power adapter while recording.

Horoskop, Comics, VIPs, Wetter, Sport und Lotto im WEB.DE Screensaver1.2
Kostenlos downloaden: