Subject: Problem with my Line-In
From: Eriq Jaffe (EJaffe_at_itsgames.com)
Date: 2003-11-07

Lately, when I've tried recording with my JBR20 via the Line-In, I'm coming
across a bit of an issue...

When I go into the recording screen, the right channel's meter is nearly
pegged...a solid black line, almost all the way across, as if there was a
solid 10k signal or something being pumped into it.

When I attempt to actually record, the playback is only on the left channel,
the right channel is silent. This is fine for recording from mono sources,
but I don't do much of that.

The mic in seems to work normally, and I am unable to test the Digital
input, since I have no digital sources to check from. The same thing
happens if I'm using Rockbox (daily builds) or the original Archos firmware,
so it's not OS related.

I'm suspecting a cold solder joint or something similar, but I'm a little
hesitant to open up my box without some confirmation. Has anybody else had
this problem? If so, what should I look for on the inside?

Thanks!

--Eriq