Subject: Re: recording failures (was A rockbox survey - and recording failures)
From: John Covici (
Date: 2003-11-08

I doubt its the id3 tag, because I just played a file with lots of id
material -- in fact in the rockbox itself it reads the id tags ok,
but a file recorded on the archos craps out mpg123. Also (and I am
not sure what to do about this), even if the file plays on another
program (such as freeamp), it has trouble navigating even a short
file perhaps due to the vbr I am not sure.

on Sat, 08 Nov 2003 01:19:35 +0100 Linus Nielsen Feltzing <> wrote:

> John Covici wrote:
>> I get big values too large all the time and mpg123 seg faults -- it
>> would be real nice to have this work properly. This is true on every
>> file I have tried it on, even short ones.
>> Do you still need a sample?
> Yes, if removing the ID3V2 tag doesn't help.
> Linus

         John Covici