Subject: Re: Stupid question, sorry
From: lee donaghy (lee295012_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 2003-11-08

 --- Florian_Kläger
<Florian.Klaeger_at_uni-duesseldorf.de> wrote: > Hello,

> I've just plugged in my new Archos, and after all
> i've read on the rockbox page, i really want to use
> rockbox instead of the archos firmware. to be on the
> safe side, i still want to backup the old firmware
> as described in the rockbox manual - trouble is, i
> can't find it on the hd! Even with DirectorySnoop, I
> can't find a file ending with .ajz (I have a
> recorder). Can anybody help? (Sorry to bother you
> with this, it's probably a really annoying newbie
> question, but i couldn't find anything on the faq
> list).
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Florian.

the original archos software is in internal memory so
their wont be a file on the harddrive.
if you put the rockbox ajz on the hd then that will
boot up, remove it and the original archos software
will load instead.

=====
Lee donaghy
great yarmouth