Subject: Time split, long time recording and free music
From: Martin Borus (
Date: 2003-11-10

as promised some results from the time split/long time recording tests.

My long time recording passed the 100th hour this weekend.
I decided to leave it running until tuesday evening to complete
a full week. Results will be posted on wednesday.

I've also did some test with 5min splits. There was nothing wrong with
the cut-points on those and the playback in the jukebox was perfect -
you could not hear any cut points.

All recordings were done using a line in source.
I'll check the digital source recording later in the week.
There's a good opportunity for long digital recordings now:
Until December 14th the satellite music service XTRA MUSIC has 16 themed
channels of digital non-stop-music for free.
XTRA is on Astra and if you can connect your jukebox to a satellite receiver
digitally then you can collect a couple of gigabytes of high quality background
music during the next 4 weeks. XTRA had a free month last year as well and during
that time I had several long time recording crashes.

I bet it will not happen this year...

WEB.DE FreeMail wird 5 Jahre jung! Feiern Sie mit uns und
nutzen Sie die neuen Funktionen