Subject: Re: Does nobody use ARCHOS Stereo Microphone ??
From: Frank Incensed (
Date: 2003-11-13

How is the amplification with the archos stereo mic? I use a mono battery
power mic from Radio Shack, and even recording with the db at its highest
level, I have to edit the file with soundforge in order to increase the
voulume to a dectectable level.

>From: Björn Stenberg <>
>Subject: Re: Does nobody use ARCHOS Stereo Microphone ??
>Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 16:17:11 +0100
>Markus wrote:
> > Just bought ARCHOS Stereo Microphone (with so called Battery Power Case,
> > which in fact is a preamplifier). Could not find any switch so i
> > the current out of the battery and found that the unit draws current
> > 1.5mA) even when the microphone and the recorder are not plugged in. So
> > have to remove the battery when not in use ?
> > Is there a trick or a hidden switch?
>Not that I know of. I remove the battery when I'm not using the mic.

MSN Shopping upgraded for the holidays! Snappier product search...