Subject: 2300 ma batteries with jukebox recorder?

2300 ma batteries with jukebox recorder?

From: Felix Becker <beckerfelix_at_gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 14:53:54 +0100

Hello,
i wanted to run 2300 ma batteries with my jukebox recorder. I switched the
battery capacity in the system-menu to 2300 and charged the batteries during
the night in my jukebox. The next morning the chargingprozess was completed
and the info menu showed a batterie-life of 15 hours. Everything was o.k.,
the recorder ran properly, so i turned the unit off. After about 10 minutes
one of the batteries was extremely hot, so that the battery- and front cover
of the recorder begun to melt. After replacing the archos-batteries the
jukebox was still running, but "the hot one" of the 2300 ma bateries and the
batterie-cover were destroyed.
I don't think this is normal, is it? What coud have been the Problem? Are
2300 ma Batteries too "strong"? I ordered new 2300 ma Batteries, but I'm
afraid to run them with my new recorder. How high is the risk for this shit
to happen again?

Sorry for the bad english, Felix.