Subject: Re: Resume on STOP behaviour

Re: Resume on STOP behaviour

From: Martin Borus <martin_at_borus.de>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 12:26:04 +0100

rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se schrieb am 14.11.03 11:21:44:

> In the 2.0 release, we changed the behaviour when stopping the music
> with the STOP key. It used to clear the resume information, so that the
> music would not resume when the device was turned on again. From 2.0, it
> doesn't clear the resume info, but always resumes, even if the user had
> stopped the music before shutting off.

> I have a weak memory, so I would like to take this up for discussion
> again. Why did we change this? I think the previous behaviour made the
> most sense.

IMHO it makes the jukebox behave like a tape recorder which is
not a bad thing. I really like this feature and would miss it a lot:
It happens quite often that I press OFF once to often while browsing.
Currently one press of ON let's me resume right away.
Also I prefer to stop the unit and then check if the HD is running before
pressing stop again to turn it off. (This is because of that scary sound the HD makes
when you shut of the unit be holding down OFF during spin time)

There's only one thing I would like changed:
When I turn on the jukebox and resume, the browsing directory
is the main path and not the directory the resume file is playing in.

Martin
Horoskop, Comics, VIPs, Wetter, Sport und Lotto im WEB.DE Screensaver1.2
Kostenlos downloaden: http://screensaver.web.de/?mc=021110