Subject: When does rockbox charge?
From: Mat Holton (mathew.holton_at_surface-inspection.com)
Date: 2003-11-14

This isn't a question about money!

I forgot my power supply unit today so i'm charging my Archos via the USB lead on
my PC here at work. Something is concerning me though: When I boot up with the Archos software (holding down F1 & on) the unit is definatly charging (the indicator says so and there's more charge after i unplug) but the Hard drive is continually whirring, which worries me - I don't want to wear out my drive! However, when I boot up with Rockbox and plug the USB lead in, the drive stops whirring but the power indicator is not changing - So is it charging or not?

I have an Archos Fm Recorder and I Reflashed the full firmware last night with last nights source, rebuilt with one minor modification (i swapped over the F2 and F3 buttons because my F2 button is broken).

Cheers,
mat

"Life's just a mood ring we're not allowed to see."

 They Might Be Giants.

Surface Inspection Ltd
www.surface-inspection.com