Subject: RE: Keep up the pressure on Archos

RE: Keep up the pressure on Archos

From: Jonah, Jim <Jim.Jonah_at_compuware.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 07:21:47 -0500

agree

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se [mailto:owner-rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se]On
Behalf Of Melih ÖZBEK
Sent: Friday, November 14, 2003 4:03 AM
To: 'rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se'

Count me as one.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mat Holton [mailto:mathew.holton_at_surface-inspection.com]
Sent: Friday, November 14, 2003 10:46 AM
To: rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se

I have to admit the only reason I bought an Archos was because of
Rockbox. I had read about the awfull firmware and it would allow me to
tinker too. I would definatly consider getting an AV model if it was
'tinkerable'

-----Original Message-----From: Gvillo, Mike <MXG_at_dolby.com>To:
rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se <rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se>Sent: 13/11/2003 20:29Subject:
RE: Keep up the pressure on ArchosNo lawyers out there willing to help out
Rockbox? They put in their

free time for your mp3 player, how about a little pro-bono advice?

<#include rant.h>

1)Rockbox is the only thing that makes Archos a contender on the mp3

market.

2)I will not buy another Archos product and I will discourage everyone I

can from buying ANY Archos product if they continue to insult user code

development. Even their threats to you make me want to go back to a

Creative device, especially since they took the PlayCenter out of the

file transfer loop, hmmm...

"computer law is one of the most unfair, perverse, corporate

friendly/individual unfriendly thing ever dreamt up"

How else do you think Microsoft is allowed to undermine the cultural and

technological development by forcing the world to use its POS software?

They aren't around because their products are reliable and pleasant to

work with.

<dodges rotten apples, tomatoes, puts soap box away>

information intended for a specific individual and purpose. If you are not
the intended recipient, delete this message. If you are not the intended
recipient, disclosing, copying, distributing, or taking any action based on
this message is strictly prohibited.

"Life's just a mood ring we're not allowed to see."

 They Might Be Giants.

---