Subject: Re: Resume on STOP behaviour
From: Henrik Backe (backe_at_swipnet.se)
Date: 2003-11-14

> I have a weak memory, so I would like to take this up for discussion
> again. Why did we change this? I think the previous behaviour made the
> most sense.
>
> Anyone?
>
> Linus

Don't remember why it was changed but I have two reasons
to keep it the way it is.

1) Agresssive resuming has saved my ass many a times,
    fast forwarding thru a 45 minute audio book mp3
    and finding the resume point is a pain in the ass.
2) The bookmark patch solves this problem, but when I
     use bookmarking and want's to turn of the unit
     I first stop the track to force a bookmark write and
     then turn of the jukebox. Most of the time when I
     turn on the jukebox again I want to resume listening to
     the same (audio book) track again. So clearing the
     resume info after this intentional use of stop would
     be a bad thing (at least it would be bad for me)

.../Henrik