Subject: RE: My FMR just died
From: Mark Bright (mark.bright_at_btopenworld.com)
Date: 2003-11-15

Henry Mitchell wrote:
<Snip>
> If not, I may give
> it one last shot by sending it out to repair (anyone have feedback on
> that company?).

My FMR was sent off to NewMP3Technology a little over two weeks ago, I
had an e-mail from them 4 days ago that it had been repaired, and was
about to be put back in the mail. I am expecting it back this weekend.
Considering the time taken for Parcel post to travel from the UK to NC
USA and back, I think that is a very good turn around. Taking just
about any item to ,for example, Dixons - means a minimum of 6 weeks!!

They were not able to fix the charging, so have swapped out the entire
circuit board at a cost of $90. This should have been $125, but I only
had the unit for 6 weeks (comes with 30 day warrantee). I just hope
it's still flashable when it comes back...

What is really annoying about the whole thing, is I had a Recorder, sold
it, and got a FMR.. Doh!!!

Mark