Subject: Re: Remote Control Unit
From: BlueChip (cs_bluechip_at_webtribe.net)
Date: 2003-11-15

At 22:19 14/11/03 +0100, you wrote:
>David McIntyre wrote:
>>How about some switch debounce code?
>
>The remote control repeats the keypress 2-3 times per second, if I
>remember correctly, and it sends RS232 8N1 serial data at 9600bps. How
>would a switch debounce code help us?

set the debounce period to slightly longer than the remote period.

>However, we could try to interpret <0.5s repeats as a held key...

Yep, that's about it :)

It would e worth calibrating the period down as low as possible, else
"skip, skip" would become a nightmare. Or even better still, tweak the
appropriate resisitor in the remote and get the repeat time up nice and high :)

>Linus

BC