Subject: Re: Remote Control Unit
From: BlueChip (cs_bluechip_at_webtribe.net)
Date: 2003-11-15

At 12:07 15/11/03 +0100, you wrote:
>BlueChip wrote:
>>It would e worth calibrating the period down as low as possible, else
>>"skip, skip" would become a nightmare.
>
>That's why we haven't implemented this.
>
>Linus

As it stands it is totally *impossible* to ffwd through a long track (via
rcu)- as half of my jbr is books and radio shows - this is a problem.

If ffwd were implemented then *care* would be required for skip skip.

So it is a choice between *completely-impossible* and *care-required*.

I dislike "impossible" (as well you know) and hereby present my vote in
favour of fast forward being available as a rcu feature.

BC