Subject: Re: Remote Control Unit
From: BlueChip (cs_bluechip_at_webtribe.net)
Date: 2003-11-15

At 13:24 15/11/03 +0100, you wrote:
>BlueChip wrote:
>>I dislike "impossible" (as well you know) and hereby present my vote in
>>favour of fast forward being available as a rcu feature.
>
>Then I say go for it! Care to do it?
>
>Linus

It seems sensible to get a few votes in favour of it before putting in the
effort.

If it is for "just-me", then it it is on the bottom of a relatively long
list of current projects and Rockbox tweaks. If enough people are
interested, then it is likely to gain priority.

The last thing I want to do is end up writing more code that is either
not-included (due to lack of interest) or unmaintainable (like what
happened with Othelo).

On the top of my Rockbox list is to borrow a machine that will not crash
when I run FILEMON (sysinternals.com) and finish Rolands work on a working
dev kit. I'm sure a working dev kit would encourage more developers, and
that (to me) is more important.

BC