Subject: RE: Is it time for a formal release?
From: Mike Holden (rockbox_at_mikeholden.uklinux.net)
Date: 2003-11-17

Aman Singer said:
> Hi.
> What about the inclusion of patches in any such release? It
> would be particularly nice if bookmarking and talkbox were included in
> the release, but I'm sure others might have ideas about patches that
> might make it into the release.

While I'm sure these other features are very good, how many people have
looked at them and tested them in earnest?

I would say that if we are looking for a quick release, we should look to
have a feature freeze immediately, release Beta-1, then have a couple of
weeks of testing, and only fixes that fix known problems will be added to
CVS. A further 1 or 2 beta releases (or as many as we need) until we have
no killer bugs left, and look to get 2.1 out before Christmas, which gives
us about 5 weeks. This would, I think, make a good milestone to aim for,
then any new Rockboxers that Santa (or Kris or whatever your local
variation is!) has blessed with a new device will be able to download a
new version for their new toy on Christmas Day!

Yo ho ho :D

--
Mike Holden

Rockbox page: http://www.mikeholden.org/~rockbox