Subject: Re: Yipee!

Re: Yipee!

From: Hardeep Sidhu <hardeeps_at_pobox.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 09:17:34 -0800

Chuck Urwiler wrote:

>Well, I've managed to become one of many people who can now compile my own
>rockbox. :)

Cool. :)

>1) I applied a patch (the playlist viewer patch) and, after some futzing
>around with paths and parameters, managed to get only a single error with
>the english.lang file. Apparently, it wasn't able to add in some new
>entries for me, and I haven't the foggiest idea why? The diff file seemed
>to have all it needed to make add the new lines - all the rest of the
>files patched just fine. Any ideas? I could roll things back to get the
>exact message, but it was something like "hunk #1 of 2 not applied" or
>something like that.

The patch was out of date with the latest CVS. A new version has been
uploaded to the patch tracker which fixes this problem.

>2) Any way to automate the building of the rocks and lang files? Is this a
>makefile thing?

Rocks are automatically built (look in your build directory). However,
only the lang file you select from the configuration screen is
compiled. If you'd like all of them, it should be fairly simple to
write a script that runs tools/binlang on them.

-Hardeep