Subject: Re: New HD
From: Andre Roessel (RCS-Technik_at_t-online.de)
Date: 2003-11-18

> Hi all ! I have 2 questions about upgradding for a bigger hd:
>
> <newbee>
> 1.
> How does rockbox (and the original firmware) handle multiple fat32
> partitions ? I know rockbox can see them but so far I've never heard
> someone using multiple partitions
Only the first partition is visible to the Archos player.
> 2.
> WinXP limit fat32 to 35 gigs, tool like partition magic remove this
> limit, but up to what size of partition ? What about the clusters size
> and Rockbox/Archos ? </newbee> :)
Just format it on an WIN98 system. I upgraded to a 60 GB Fujitsu disk as soon as I
found the documentation for doing it. And I would upgrade even further now if there was
a 100 GB or bigger drive available for a reasonable price. The difference from 60 to 80
GB is just to small.
BTW: I never cared about cluster size. Maybe the smallest one would be good because
it will minimize the amount of disk space wasted.
Gruss,

Andre.