Subject: Re: Error 255 and Error 2
From: Daniel Stenberg (
Date: 2003-11-19

On Wed, 19 Nov 2003, Nathan Gray wrote:

> Hi, I was reading the repository for these errors when making a build via
> cygwin and didn't find the solution.
> So, after following the docs in the win32-sdk page I run make from within
> ~/build directory and get this error:
> make[2]: Entering directory `/home/rockbox/tools`
> gcc -0 -ansi scramble.c -o scramble
> make[2]: *** [Scramble] error 255
> . . .
> So I tried running gcc to see if I could invoke it manually.
> bash: gcc: command not found

This is because the "win32-sdk" doesn't include the plain vanilla gcc, only
the sh-elf one. That's why the page tells you to download and install that
tools package separately (instead of building it yourself).

I guess having the makefiles run make in the tools dir somewhat defeats this.

 Daniel Stenberg -- --