Subject: Re: Stereo separation

Re: Stereo separation

From: <mr.escape_at_gmx.de>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 14:16:25 +0100

Some amount of the inverted signal from the other channel.
If my memory is not totally messed up, it must be like this:
(L is original left signal, R is original right signal)
Signal Left Right
Mono 0.5*(L+R) 0.5*(L+R)
Normal L R
Variable k*L+(1-k)*R (1-k)*L+k*R
with 0.5< k <1 (mono is k=0.5 and normal is k=1)
but if you go over one with k, you see negative amounts of the other
channel. If L=R (mono source) then nothing changes.

mr.escape