Subject: Re: Trouble recording on large hard disk partition
From: Garrett Derner (garrett_at_derner.com)
Date: 2003-11-19

>> ... Ever since I upgraded to 80g ... recording always
>> crashes after a few minutes with Panic rec wrt -1222.

>The error code means that the firmware failed to spin up the drive when
>it wanted to save the data. Do you have trouble playing music as well?

Ok, I tested for several hours, and Play seems to work fine. I can play
~200-kbps all day, 320-kbps all day, and I can play a 10-hour long file.
Also I can copy large files in USB mode.

But when I try to record I get -1222, after maybe 5 minutes, or sometimes as
long as half an hour (although no difference in settings: I use 44.1, 7,
stereo).

Any guesses? Could it be from disk fragmentation? I can try defragging and
see. Or maybe the connection to the drive is shaky?

Garrett