Subject: More on speakers (was Re: Creative Travelsound)
From: Neon John (
Date: 2003-11-20

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 00:26:20 +0100, (Andre Roessel)

>I purchased this little portable speakerbox and must say, it is very compact and sounds
>surprisingly good. Although not cheap it solves the problem of taking a lightweight
>soundsource with you to to get independend from always wearing headphones. I can
>recommend the device and do not know of any other comparable model.

While on that subject... If yer a power tools kinda guy (or gal), both DeWalt
and Milwaukee have nice jobsite boombox/chargers. I have the DeWalt line of
cordless tools. I always swore that when they dropped the price below $100
I'd get one of these:

I'd buy one. Well, they did and I did. I was less than thrilled with the
analog radio tuner (Milwaukee uses a digital one) but I'll have to admit it
does a good job.

I, of course, use the AUX input (standard mini stereo plug) with my Recorder.
I am surprised at the quality of the sound. I knew it was capable of loud
output - it is a jobsite unit, after all - but I didn't expect it to sound so
good. At least as good as my rather high end boom box.

The best part is the battery setup. Of course it will charge the DeWalt
battery packs and do so in 1 hour. Even better, slap in a charged pack and it
powers the radio. An 18 volt pack powers it all day. Plug the radio back in
and it charges the battery in an hour. Slick. This would be an ideal
beach/picnic/party radio even if you don't have any DeWalt cordless tools.

I'm going to sew up a leather pouch and attach it to the inside of the roll
bar to contain the Recorder. I might even poke around inside the box and see
if I can find some power for the Recorder.

John De Armond
Cleveland, Occupied TN