Subject: RE: daily builds, zip file structure

RE: daily builds, zip file structure

From: Andreas Stemmer <groovingandi_at_gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 19:07:19 +0100

Matias Orchard wrote:
> funny thing, I now cannot remember why the .ajz (from
> Archos) and .ajz_ (non-flash Rockbox) were both
> needed.

The original .ajz from archos is only needed, if you want to rolo to it from
rockbox.

The .ajz_ file was a first workaround to get rockbox loaded if you boot the
original firmware via F1 but not if you boot the normal flashed rockbox
version. Archos firmware looks for a ajbrec.ajz immediately after start, but
it only compares the first 10 chars, so ajbrec.ajz_ is recognized as well.
The first flashed rockbox versions loaded ajbrec.ajz as well, but didn't
recognize ajbrec.ajz_ intentionally.
You don't want to load rockbox from disk if it's already in flash.

New flashed versions don't load ajbrec.ajz files anymore on startup.

> so, I don't need to use the flashing plugin anymore?

The flashing plugin is still used if you "play" any ucl-file, but it is
started automatically (like the viewer plugin is started when you "play" a
txt-file)

Andreas