Subject: Re: unique, automatically loaded EQ for each song

Re: unique, automatically loaded EQ for each song

From: Johan Vromans <jvromans_at_squirrel.nl>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 10:57:16 +0100

Brian King <brking_at_charter.net> writes:

> Well, I have a patch sitting on the patch tracker that does part of
> what you want. It is the per file cfg loader patch.

Can I talk you into integrating 815747 or 815794 with your patch?

  815794: This small patch is an alternative implementation of the
    functionality of patch 815747. It implements relative volume
    setting that can be used in config files to change the current
    volume with a given percentage. Simply prefix the value with a '+'
    or '-' sign to increase/decrease the current setting with the
    desired percentage[*].

    This patch is mostly effective in conjuction with patch 750691,
    that implements per-file/directory/playlist config settings. For
    example, if a particular track or album is louder than average, a
    per-album config file can use the rvolume setting to decrease the
    volume. This is much better than having to set the volume to an
    absolute value.

    This patch is easier and more intuitive than the "rvolume"
    approach (patch 815747), but has the disadvantage that a
    non-patched RockBox will interpret negative values as the minimal
    setting, and positive values as absolute values. However, when
    integrated with the cfg loader patch the increase/decrease
    commands can safely be put in the per file/directory config files.

    This patch is easy, simple, effective, and updates the
    documentation as well ;-).

-- Johan

[*] This must be changed to a normal value, since the output level is
    decibels and hence already relative.