Subject: Re: 2.1 feature freeze
From: Magnus Holmgren (lear_at_algonet.se)
Date: 2003-11-21

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003, Björn Stenberg wrote:

> I have written a preliminary release note here:
> http://rockbox.haxx.se/download/rockbox-2.1-notes.txt
>
> Please (everyone) read it and tell me if I have left out something important or made some silly typos.

A few comments:

Does flashing really work for players? And if so, is there any significant
difference in boot time?

Regarding the "detect modified firmware file and prompt to boot", I have
never seen it. I do such updates now and then, and I did one about two
weeks ago. This on a player. Since I wasn't sure about that feature at the
time (had noticed stuff about it in the .lang files, but didn't know much
else), I didn't investigate it further.

Perhaps mention faster ROLO and maybe also faster bitswap?

--
Magnus Holmgren