Subject: RE: Any way to reduce Archos stereo mic level?
From: Bob Salwasser (bobs_at_tlcelectronics.com)
Date: 2003-11-21

>>>you'll really need an external mic for recording stuff like that. the
>>>internal one is only really good for recording voice, and even then
if you
>>>don't mind hearing the hard drive spin up regularly during playback.

Sorry, I should have explained myself a bit more... this is the stereo
Archos
mic, with preamp. You can see it at their website;

http://www.archos.com/products/prw_100878.html

No matter how low I have the level set on the Jukebox, all I get is a
severely overloaded signal, even while turning down the output on the
preamp itself. There HAS to be a way to get some half way decent audio
out of this setup. Any ideas? Thanks! -Bob