Subject: Re: Any way to reduce Archos stereo mic level?
From: roland (for_spam_at_gmx.de)
Date: 2003-11-21

hi
> overload. Isn't there something that could fix this? That's a lot
i think this is more a hardware than a software issue.
are you using the internal mic?
it`s just crap.(mostly records hdd sound and overloads very quick)
if you use an external one - it seems that the input level from the mic
is too high, as that archos can reduce that to the right level for recording.
you should fix your input signal outside of rockbox.
maybe you should use some sort of potentiometer or "audio-compressor"?
regards
roland