Subject: Re: Digital out line
From: planet77 (
Date: 2003-11-22

----- Original Message -----
From: "George Styles" <>
To: <>
Sent: Friday, November 21, 2003 3:48 PM

> Rockbox puts a digital output out. I use it all the time to connect the
> Rockbox to my hifi via my minidisc deck. Gives much better quality than
> using line out/headphone on jukebox
> Nothing special is rquired to turn it on, but note its a coax digital, NOT
> optical (some optical outs use a jack plug type socket)

Hi everybody,
is there a cable, one side optical (to my receiver) and the other side for
my archos, I think it is a mix between the usual digital cables, does
someone know if it is easy to get this cable or do I need special hardware
like an optical to koax converter (is availible, but it costs - I don't know
exactly - I think 30 or 40 Euros)