Subject: Re: playing through digital in/out
From: BlueChip (
Date: 2003-11-22

Digital is just digital.

Although you can use the same CABLE for both analogue and digital,
you MUST use a different SOCKET.
   Digital = "Digital In/Out"
   Analogue = "Ear"

When using Analogue, you need to set the volume level at something that
will produce a "line level" signal from the headphone socket.
Someone did some tests with a 'scope a looong time ago, and reported back
"92" as being a good volume to create a "line level" signal (1.5V
peak-to-peak iirc)
I have done no such tests, but by ear, 92 works just fine for me :)

Also, just thought, re. the mails you are in search of. I am sure that the
core content was reworked by any number of people and finally added to an
FAQ somewhere.
Sorry I didn't think of that earlier, but check the FAQs first - I would
guess a search for the word "white" (in the FAQs) will isolate what you are
after quite quickly :)

A Final note to OTHERS. Apparently the FM units lack in the Digital In/Out
department - I do not own one so cannot comment, but before you try the
above and go mad, the notes here are for the AJBR (Recorder).

I do not know anything about the Player :(