Subject: Re: Digital out line
From: planet77 (
Date: 2003-11-22

----- Original Message -----
From: "BlueChip" <>
To: <>
Sent: Saturday, November 22, 2003 5:23 AM

> > > Rockbox puts a digital output out. I use it all the time to connect
> > > Rockbox to my hifi via my minidisc deck. Gives much better quality
> > > using line out/headphone on jukebox
> > >
> > > Nothing special is rquired to turn it on, but note its a coax digital,
> > > optical (some optical outs use a jack plug type socket)

> >Hi everybody,
> >is there a cable, one side optical (to my receiver) and the other side
> >my archos, I think it is a mix between the usual digital cables, does
> >someone know if it is easy to get this cable or do I need special
> >like an optical to koax converter (is availible, but it costs - I don't
> >exactly - I think 30 or 40 Euros)
> >
> >Fred
> you will need a co-ax to optical converter :(
> if you find one let us know where :)

On you can find an 'opto-koax' and an 'koax-opto' changer. It
costs 19,95 Euro and one is called OPTO-KOAX Wandler POF-830. They also have
an KOAX-OPTO Wandler. If someone will try this please report if it works.
What do you think is better? Using an OPTO-KOAX and turning the Optical
Signal in an Coax Signal and the connecting it to the JBR or KOAX-OPTO and
Turning the JBR into Optical and connecting it to my HiFi System?

Here is a link to the Manual :

Is it possible to turn the 'small' connector from the JBR into a usual Coax
connection? Or am I losing signals (mono/stereo)? I don't know the words in
english but I hope you understood what I wanted to ask...

A description of the thing is here :

You have to copy and paste this short link a few times ;-)

Have a nice evening