Subject: Re: Digital out line
From: BlueChip (cs_bluechip_at_webtribe.net)
Date: 2003-11-22

Thanks for the links.

Even with a fairly cheap cable you get a PERFECT signal on "CoAx", even if
you are not actually using CoAxial cable..
You ALSO get a PERFECT signal on Optical.
Optical is more resilient to noise - so if you plug your hairdryer into the
same 4-way mains adaptor as your expensive amp, then you will continue to
get a perfect signal. But frankly, this is the smallest problem for
anybody being so foolish.

If you get degredation of a digital signal, you will be in little doubt
about it, digital signals are not tollerant to analogue destruction. I
would suggest you make a little 3.5mm->Phono adaptor plate that fits nicely
to the top of the player and suspect you will be just fine :)

The reason for wanting coax->opti convertor is my amp has ONE coax in, and
THREE optical in ...it is just a matter that I've run out of inputs on my
amp ;)

BC

PS. JMP, thanx for the feedback :)