Subject: Re: Any way to reduce Archos stereo mic level?
From: Garrett Derner (
Date: 2003-11-22

> ... stereo Archos mic, with preamp...
> No matter how low I have the level set on the Jukebox, all I get is a
> severely overloaded signal, even while turning down the output on the
> preamp itself. There HAS to be a way to get some half way decent audio
> out of this setup. Any ideas? Thanks! -Bob

I guess it was not designed for loud venues. Too bad there is not a volume
control on the preamp. Have you tried skipping the pre, and plugging the
mic directly into the Archos?

If that doesn't work, then I think an attenuator cable, in front of the pre,
would do the trick. Here are some possibilities:

 Sound Professionals variable level $7

 Core Sound -20db (or -11db) $35

 Microphone Madness -20db $30