Subject: Re: 2.1 feature freeze

Re: 2.1 feature freeze

From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing <linus_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 22:15:03 +0100

c s wrote:
> Yes it does, but why? Since Rockbox doesn't control
> the charging on the player, why do we want to disable
> shutting off the player while the charger is
> connected? Won't it charge faster if it is off?

Yes, if it really was off. The Studio model doesn't shut off entirely
anyway (how else can it display "CHARGING" if it wasn't on?).

> Also what does the "never reboot" part of that
> sentence mean? You can reboot while a charger is
> connected by "playing" the *.ajz or *.mod file.

Before we removed the "feature", Rockbox didn't shut off when STOP was
held (because the hardware doesn't permit it), it rebooted. That way,
the internal Archos firmware took over, displaying the text "CHARGING".

Linus