Subject: RE: 2.1 Manual preliminary draft - comments please
From: Mark Bright (mark.bright_at_btopenworld.com)
Date: 2003-11-24

>> Please tell me, if you find any errata, etc.

Given the large number of questions regarding installation etc. may I
suggest the following changes in Section 2 "INSTALLING THE FIRMWARE"

Start with the paragraph "When your Jukebox powers on..." and expand it
slightly to make it clear that there may not be an archos.mod/ajbrec.ajz
file. Minor point - "checks YOUR hard disks root folder" suggests the
PC's HDD not the Jukebox HDD...

Then the bit about "If you want to save your old firmware..." before
finally "To install Rockbox, unzip..."

I know it seems a bit fussy, but it does seem to cause a lot of problems
for a lot of people.

3 GETTING EXTRAS: FONTS AND LANGUAGES, would it be worth pointing out
just how many are actually installed by default into .rockbox...?

Section 6 (ROCKBOX IN FLASH), SubSection 2 METHOD...
"...Key during start. Like supplied here, the first image..." Not quite
sure what that is supposed to say, but "Like supplied here" is not a
good way to start a sentence.

"...even if the flash is completely erased. It has been used that during
development, else..." "been used that" does not really sound right.

Page 34/35/36 : CONFIGURING THE WPS
No mention that I can see about being able to use Comments '#' in the
WPS/36

Finally, how about a "Quick Reference Section - What's new since 2.0",
there is a lot of new stuff in there, but it's easy to miss it when you
are skimming thro' "Ignoring" the stuff you already know how to use

But overall - Excellent

Mark