Subject: Daily builds, 3 ver of recorder, flashing questions
From: Gary Wingert (gary_wingert_at_sonic.com)
Date: 2003-11-25

Hi all,

Today I was getting ready to download the latest daily build
and flash my JBR 20. When I got to the download page, the
format had changed, now there are three recorders? How do
I identify which one I have? From browsing the archive a
little, it appears that the recorderv2 is a new model from
Archos, I don't think I have that. I don't know what the
recorder8mb is, or if I have that. My firmware is 1.28,
and my Debug -> Hardware info is: Flash M=BF D=D6,
ROM CRC: 0x222F V1.

Also, it appears that Rockbox 2.1 is about to go gold, with
updated documentation..

And I read that while charging a flashed JBR 20, the hard
disk spins the whole time, is that true?

Anyway, I guess I'm wondering:

o What daily builds should I be downloading?
o Is 2.1 release imminent? And are new docs on their way?
o Should I worry about flashing just yet, or are changes
   coming that will eliminate the disk-spinning?

Also, it would be nice if the main documentation PDF had
a version number or release date associated with it on the
website, so I could tell at a glance when it's been updated.

Thanks so much, kind regards,
Gary

--
Gary Wingert