Subject: Re: Daily builds, 3 ver of recorder, flashing questions
From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing (
Date: 2003-11-25

Gary Wingert wrote:
> Hi all,
> Today I was getting ready to download the latest daily build
> and flash my JBR 20. When I got to the download page, the
> format had changed, now there are three recorders? How do
> I identify which one I have?

If you have a recorder with blue bumpers, you have a "regular" recorder.
The 8mb version is a hardware hack, where you replace the RAM chips. The
V2 recorder is a recorder in an FM Recorder form factor.

> And I read that while charging a flashed JBR 20, the hard
> disk spins the whole time, is that true?

That only applies to the FM Recorder. The regular recorder doesn't have
this problem.

> o What daily builds should I be downloading?

The regular recorder.

> o Is 2.1 release imminent? And are new docs on their way?

Yes and yes.

> o Should I worry about flashing just yet, or are changes
> coming that will eliminate the disk-spinning?

No and yes.

> Also, it would be nice if the main documentation PDF had
> a version number or release date associated with it on the
> website, so I could tell at a glance when it's been updated.

Good point.