Subject: RE: Main Menu option - Firmware
From: Mark Bright (mark.bright_at_btopenworld.com)
Date: 2003-11-25

> [IDC]Dragon wrote :

> Why do you keep them all?

> The firmware browsing was meant to show *.ajz / *.mod files in your
.rockbox.

> Jörg
Over 90 files, not counting sub-directories
65 Fonts
22 Languages
2 configuration files
2 WPS files
1 playlist_Control
1 FMR Presets...
1 UCL File

Any that I delete just get put back next time I extract a downloaded zip
file, so why bother to remove them...?

Björn also stated : Flashing should be something the user does
deliberately and knowingly, not by accident when fooling around with
trying all options in the menu.

Point taken, but either way, this type of file should be easier to find
Option 1) Reduce the number of files in the .rockbox folder - the
obvious way is sub directories for Languages and Fonts, this alone would
reduce the listing to 7 files in my case... or
Option 2) Include *.UCL in with Firmware on the browsing patch. This
could be a configurable option defaulting to NOT, it could even only be
made a 'Switch on'able option if the unit has actually been flashed
perhaps..?