Subject: RE: Possible Loose Ear Out connector
From: Nathan Gray (
Date: 2003-11-26

You know what's interesting? If you put pressure on the metal container of
the Archos right above the headphone jack the contact is made.

However, light headphone male jacks require constant holding usually.
Heavier connectors like the male jacks for stereos and whatnot are heavy
enough that you can leave them alone. I'm trying to find some really tight
rubber bands so I can at least not have to hold the thing all the time.

>From: "DarkAngel" <>
>I used to have the same problem...I changed the headphones an dit works
>But the old (archos) headphones still work on other connectors (like
>This is strange but I have to move (turn) the headphones on the archos to
>get 'normal' stereo with the old and not with the new !!
>Really strange thing...
> Stéphane

From the hottest toys to tips on keeping fit this winter, you’ll find a
range of helpful holiday info here.