Subject: RE: Help Recorder LCD
From: Touillaud Nicolas (
Date: 2003-11-26

I've got a FMR, contrast value=29

Assuming the unit still operate (does it play any music ?)
to access the menu blindly (on my fmr/rockbox, never seen the recorder
interface, hope it help) :
1. Power on the unit, wait a few seconds for the system to load
2. Deal with the resume option (brief down should do no harm anyway)
3. F1
4. down (general setting), right to enter
5. 5 x Down (display), right to enter
6. 3 x Down (contrast), right to enter
7. Up to increase contrast value

I never used conf. files, I'm quite new to rockbox.