Subject: Re: What is Panic rec wrt -6?
From: Garrett Derner (
Date: 2003-11-27

Linus Nielsen Feltzing wrote:
>Garrett Derner wrote:
>> What is Panic rec wrt -6? I get it on my FM recorder after a few
>> hours of recording.
>It means that a FAT operation failed, probably due to a file system
>corruption, or maybe a battery failure.
>Which version of Rockbox is this?

I think it's 031108. (I'm doing a test recording right now or I'd check.)

>After how many hours of recording?

Typically I set it going overnight with time-split, hoping to get a lot of
radio programs. I think I usually get about five or six hours, then it
crashes with -6.

>How big are your clusters?

16k. (It still has the stock hard drive with the factory partition.)

>Does the red LED light for a long time when it saves the buffer?

The red LED is on for about 2 seconds when it saves the buffer.