Subject: RE: flashing & warranty
From: Kjell Ericson (Kjell.Ericson_at_haxx.se)
Date: 2003-11-27

On Thu, 27 Nov 2003, Fred Maxwell wrote:

> > You can't run around flashing the bios with anything found on internet
> > just for fun can you?
>
> Yes, you can. And if the firmware you loaded caused the unit to fail, then
> you will have to pay to fix it. But it's wrong to say that you completely
> "void the warranty" simply by flashing new firmware.

Agree!
You risk the warranty by flashing the unit, but you still have a lot of
warranty-parts left.

BTW: I recall we had a lot of locked hard disks in the beginning of Rockbox.
If Archos software did that fault I would claim my warranty, but now it
definitly was Rockbox (and no way to remove the archos.mod before handing it
in for warranty :-) But the Rockbox team found how to unlock the HD. But in
that case was the warranty a bit far away... :-/

  // Kjell