Subject: Re: Compiling

Re: Compiling

From: Brian Wolven <brian.wolven_at_verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 12:51:07 -0500

BlueChip wrote:
> At 15:07 28/11/03 +0100, you wrote:
>>
>> Use 'make -d' (will produce ridiculous amounts of output) to figure
>> out exactly what command line that causes the 'error 255'.
>
> JEEEEEEEEEEEEEZUUUZZZZZZZ - you're not kidding are you!?
> ...and you can't redirect it to a file either, cos the errors are
> written to stderr and the messages to stdout - no way of knowing
> where the errors occur! D'oh!
>
> Anyway I am now completely and utterly lost and have no idea at all
> of what the problem is.
> Either the Grim Reaper is now murdering small childeren for being
> last in the race, or I NEED HELP!
> LOL

LOL is right. I can't help you with this, but you certainly brightened
up *my* morning. I like the "Putting child on the chain" idea as well.
I'll have to see what my daughter thinks, though. =P

> `/home/rockbox-daily-20031127/apps/plugins' Putting child 0x009a1608
> (all) PID 418489 on the chain.
> Live child 0x009a1608 (all) PID 418489
> Got a SIGCHLD; 1 unreaped children.
> Reaping losing child 0x009a1608 PID 418489

Look,it isn't all bad news. One has been emancipated: =)

> Removing child 0x0099a0d8 PID 444461 from chain.

On a more serious note, has anyone ever tried to compile rockbox on a
windows platform using dev-c++, or more accurately, to build a dev-c++
project which will permit compiling? It uses gcc and cygwin, so I'm
thinking it might be made to work, given some special instructions for
the cross-compiling. Maybe I should just give it a try and see what
happens?