Subject: Re: a couple of questions about ver. 2.1
From: c s (
Date: 2003-11-29

--- Linus Nielsen Feltzing <> wrote:
> Why is it so important that the device displays
> "CHARGING" instead of
> the current directory? The battery is still
> charging, even if Rockbox is
> running.

Since I also asked a while back about the disabling of
shutdown when the player is on the charger, I'll give
you my reason. I always have "Backlight On When
Plugged" enabled, so turning off the player turns off
the backlight, which I want to do when the player is
right next to me when I turn out the lights to go to
sleep. Now I must unplug, shut off, and re-plug.

I guess the real question is... what was the reason
for the change to not allowing shutdown when plugged
in? Does it serve a purpose or fix a problem?

Do you Yahoo!?
Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now