Subject: battery problems?
From: Jon Drukman (jsd_at_cluttered.com)
Date: 2003-11-29

are the batteries that archos supplies with the JBR20 susceptible to the
"memory effect"? i think mine are not working properly any more. i've got
rockbox CVS-031118 installed, and i left the unit plugged in all day
yesterday and overnight. this morning i checked the info screen (charger
still attached) and it said Charging: Trickle. i then turned it off and
back on to see the new Charging Info screen which said Not Charging, 100%
10h and some minutes. with the charger still connected, i copied a few
folders from my computer to the JBR. my batteries are now down to 87% and
that was less than 3 minutes of actual disk activity! i've also noticed
that using the JBR normally to listen to mp3's drains the batteries far
faster than i would expect based on the battery life estimates shown on the
unit. (ie: i can go from 100% to about 30% in just an hour or two of
playing). what's going on here?

if i want to open the JBR to replace the batteries, what size tool do i
need? it looks like maybe a torx fastener.

-jsd-