Subject: Re: Hd failure on recorder 20

Re: Hd failure on recorder 20

From: roland <for_spam_at_gmx.de>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 20:13:34 +0100

Hi
> when I run the jukebox, the system begin to load during 1 or 2 seconds, then
> shut down. If I keep the on button pushed, I get these values :
>
> Hd register error
> SC1 (85) 128
> SN1 (170) 128
> SC2 (170) 128
> SN2 (85) 128
> - I can hear a strange little noise when I keep the "on" button pushed
> (something like a speedy "tac tac tac tac".
mhhh - replace the batteries with some fresh charged ones and try again.
archos JB behaves really strange when batteries begin getting empty or if
on cell of the 4 is going to get bad.
the shutdown after 1-2 seconds, the register error and the tactactac sound familar
to me.
let me guess: the tactactac goes in sync with flickering of the lcd backlight, right?
(btw: even the charger usually doesn`t deliver enough power for permanent "running"
of the jukebox. so big datatransfers and long-lasting-operations like defrag _can_
be problematic - at least with my car adapter this happens quite often and gives
me the typical "tactactac" on startup)

roland