Subject: Re: output level equalisation
From: ten Velde family (
Date: 2003-12-01

I have the Recorder - but it shouldn't really matter what model I have for
this - I'm just trying to find out how flat a frequency response I have
using the phones output to a line in on the mixer.

I tried it using unmodified sine waves, and the frequency response is
virtually flat. The only strange thing I noticed is that when playing the
sine waves, there were regular tick-tick-tick noises on almost all of them,
the frequency of which differed according to which frequency sine wave I
was playing. Must be something to do with the way MP3s are encoded, there
was certainly no sign of these when playing the wav files on the PC.