Subject: Re: Remote for JBR20 - V2
From: Daniel Stenberg (daniel_at_haxx.se)
Date: 2003-12-02

On Mon, 1 Dec 2003, Andrew Glass wrote:

> By the way, I saw on a Yahoo board that someone who got the JBR V2 have been
> able to get FM functionality through Rockbox, even though they didn't get
> the FM version of the hardware.

[snip]

> On my JBR20 V2 (w/Rockbox), I can launch the FM feature, and the tuner
> control works, but I'm not getting any stations/sound playing through the
> headset. Anyone know if I'm barking up the wrong tree on this, or can the FM
> be made to work?

These v2 units with radio are probably very rare and I bet we will never see
very many people report having one.

I spoke to Linus about this before, and he believes he might be able to detect
the presence of a radio, so that v2s without radio won't see any FM menu
choice while the FM owners and the v2-with-radio owners do.