Subject: Re: Macro Language???
From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing (
Date: 2003-12-02

George Styles wrote:
> thoughts? most of the code is already implemented in the savable configs
> part, so all we would need to do would have a new function which checked if
> a given file exists, and runs it if it does, returning true, or if it doesnt
> it would return false, then then existing key handling code would just be

If we do it like that, the disk would have to spin up every time you
press a configurable key, to check for the existense of a macro file.
The UI would be sluggish as hell, and the batteries would run out in no

Besides, we sometimes have different behaviour for key release and key
repeat, and for key combinations. Making that configurable is a pain in
the ***. We have been down that road before, and there is much trouble
ahead. I'm not saying that it is impossible, just that it's a LOT of work.