Subject: Re: a couple of questions about ver. 2.1
From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing (linus_at_haxx.se)
Date: 2003-12-02

Björn Stenberg wrote:

> I disagree. Fooling the user is always a bad idea.

If you call it fooling, yes. I find Craig's arguments pretty convincing.

> If many people feel confused by the OFF button not meaning REBOOT, I
> say we add a splash() that says "you can't shut off while charging"
> (or why not simply the highly coveted word "Charging") when
> attempted.

Still, the device enters the "charging" state when you insert the
charger when the device is (completely) off. Then you have to press ON
to boot the firmware. I think the consequence of that could be that you
return to that state by pressing OFF. I don't think it's too illogical,
or even confusing.

Linus